Our Commitment to Privacy
We value the trust you place in Everbridge, and maintain strict privacy policies. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment, unparalleled customer service, and state of the art technologies to safeguard your information.
Everbridge has received TRUSTe’s Privacy Seal signifying that this privacy statement and our practices have been reviewed for compliance with the TRUSTe program viewable on the validation page available by clicking the TRUSTe seal.
The TRUSTe certification covers our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our Websites: www.everbridge.com, our service at www.everbridge.net and our mobile applications (i.e., Everbridg Aware, Everbridge Manager, and Everbridge Member). The use of information collected through Everbridge Services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Everbridge.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
U.S. –E.U. Safe Harbor
Everbridge complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Everbridge has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Everbridge’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
“Customer” refers to a natural person, entity, organization, or agency that has entered into a Customer Services Agreement with Everbridge for Everbridge Services. The Customer Portal is available only to Everbridge Customers and their designees.
“Customer Data” refers to contact information for the Customer and the Customer’s intended message recipients, which are provided to Everbridge by the Customer pursuant to the provision of the Everbridge Services. Customer Data may or may not include personally identifiable information. Customer Data is imported from the Customer’s database into the Everbridge database via a secured connection on the Internet and over encrypted lines using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
“Customer Services Agreement” refers to the written contract executed by, and applicable to, a Customer in receipt of the Everbridge Services. These may be in the form of a services agreement (typically our Core Platform Agreement), (beta) license agreement, pilot agreement, end user agreement, or any other written agreement between Everbridge and the Customer.
“Everbridge Services” are available only to a Customer who has executed a Customer Services Agreement with Everbridge, and refer to any one or all of the services provided by Everbridge, including, but not limited to, the Everbridge Aware®, Mass Notification, Interactive Visibility®, Everbridge Matrix®, Incident Management, and SmartGIS® product solutions.
“Mobile App” refers to any of the Everbridge applications that are available to download on a mobile device.
“User” refers to any natural person, entity, organization or agency which uses the Everbridge Website and/or the Everbridge Services. Accordingly, a User may, or may not, be a Customer.
We value the trust you place in Everbridge, and maintain strict privacy policies. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment and state of the art technologies to safeguard your information. In the event that you terminate your customer relationship with us, or become an inactive Customer, Everbridge will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice.
What Information Do We Collect and How?
When you visit our Website as a User we collect, retain and use non-public personal information about visitors and our potential, current and former Customers. We are likely to record two kinds of information:
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for white papers or webinars, Everbridge University, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Please note that Everbridge does not collect any sensitive information, such as personal financial information, social security or driver’s license numbers, or personal health information on our Websites.
How Do We Collect Information on our Mobile Application?
When you download access and use the Mobile App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Mobile App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Mobile App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. We may ask you for your location when using our Mobile App in connection with sending or receiving messages from one of our Customers. You will have the option to include your location which will only be used to assist our Customers, with whom you are affiliated generally either as an employee or citizen, to provide better communication in the event of an incident or emergency.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile App on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the Mobile App.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
- Customer Data. We use Customer Data only for purposes pursuant to the provision of the Everbridge Services and in accordance with the Customer Services Agreement. These uses include, but are not limited to, the provision of our notification services, customer support, notification of new features and services, and changes to the Customer Portal. We may also use Customer Data to contact you regarding administrative notices, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Customer Services Agreement.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Our service providers are authorized to use Customer Data we share with them only as necessary to provide services to us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Everbridge, our customers or others. However, all such disclosure shall comply with any applicable Customer Services Agreement.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent Customer or User data to others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by going to http://go.everbridge.com/UnsubscribePage.html and adjusting your user preferences or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Google AdSense/Adwords. We use Google AdSense to publish ads on this site. When you view or click on an ad a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Changes to Your Personal Data
For general users on our Website you can fill out a new form to update or request deletion to your information or email us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
Data Controlled by our Customers
Please note that if you are accessing Everbridge Services as an employee, resident or other designee of one of our Customers you will need to make any changes to your contact information through that Customer. Everbridge has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of Customers. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Customer (the data controller). If the Customer requests Everbridge to remove the data, we will respond to their request within 30 business days.
Everbridge will retain personal information (including geo-location data) provided by our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customers and in accordance with their Customer Services Agreement. Everbridge will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Attn: Privacy Officer at Everbridge, Inc., 500 North Brand Blvd., Suite 1000, Glendale, CA 91203.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to the Everbridge Website?
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The security of your personal information and our Customers’ information is extremely important to us. When you enter sensitive information and/or geo-location data we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like blogs. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Future Business Transactions
As we continue to develop our business, we might undergo a change of ownership such as a merger and/or a sale of all or substantially all our stock or assets. In such transactions, User information, including Customer Data, generally is one of the transferred business assets, and by submitting information on the Website, through data import, or any other means, you agree that such may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. However, any party purchasing our assets will be subject to an obligation to maintain the integrity of your information. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of User information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- 500 North Brand Blvd.
- Glendale, California 91203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1-818-230-9798
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you or our Customer by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Effective Date and Contact Information