Our Commitment to Privacy
We value the trust you place in Everbridge and maintain strict privacy policies. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment, unparalleled customer service, and state of the art technologies to safeguard your information.
The TRUSTe program does not cover information that may be collected through downloadable software. The TRUSTe certification covers our collection, use and disclosure of information we collect through our Websites: www.everbridge.com, www.nixle.com, www.hipaachat.com, our customer portal at https://manager.everbridge.net/ and our mobile applications, ManageBridge, ContactBridge and Nixle OneBridge. The use of information collected through Everbridge Services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Customer has engaged Everbridge.
In order to view our relationship with TRUSTe, please visit the validation page visible by clicking on the TRUSTe seal. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor
Everbridge complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Everbridge has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Everbridge’s certification, please visit http://www/export.gov/safeharbor.
Note About Safe Harbor Invalidation: In October 2015, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) issued a ruling which invalidated the EU-US Safe Harbor Framework as the basis for the transfer of personal data from the European Union to the United States. We know that our customers trust and rely on us for the delivery of critical information to individuals globally, and therefore we have taken action to address the changes that have arisen around the transfer of personal data following the CJEU decision. Everbridge has implemented the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses (also referred to as the Model Clauses) as part of a Data Processing Addendum which is pre-signed by Everbridge and provided through the “Everbridge Data Processing Addendum And Standard Contractual Clauses” link on the bottom of the homepage of www.everbridge.com. We further note that on February 2, 2016, the US and the European Union announced their agreement to a new framework referred to as the EU-US Privacy Shield. There is more to be done before the Privacy Shield framework can be implemented and therefore we will continue to monitor these developments and will provide updates on www.everbridge.com as they become available.
“Customer” refers to a natural person, entity, organization, or agency that has entered into a Customer Services Agreement with Everbridge for Everbridge Services. The Customer Portal is available only to Everbridge Customers and their designees.
“Customer Data” refers to contact information for the Customer and the Customer’s intended message recipients, which are provided to Everbridge by the Customer pursuant to the provision of the Everbridge Services. Customer Data may or may not include personally identifiable information. Customer Data is imported from the Customer’s database into the Everbridge database via a secured connection on the Internet and over encrypted lines using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
“Customer Services Agreement” refers to the written contract executed by, and applicable to, a Customer in receipt of the Everbridge Services. These may be in the form of a services agreement (typically our Core Platform Agreement), (beta) license agreement, pilot agreement, end user agreement, or any other written agreement between Everbridge and the Customer.
“Everbridge Services” are available only to a Customer who has executed a Customer Services Agreement with Everbridge, and refer to any one or all of the services provided by Everbridge, including, but not limited to, the Everbridge Aware®, Mass Notification, Interactive Visibility®, Everbridge Matrix®, Incident Management, IT Alerting, Intelligent Profiles and SmartGIS® solutions, the Nixle® branded services (collectively, “Nixle Services”) provided by Everbridge, including, but not limited to, Nixle® Engage, Nixle® 360 and Nixle® Connect. Nixle Services also include Community Information solutions (i.e., Alerts, Advisories, Community Information and Traffic), and Anonymous Tipping.
“Mobile App” refers to the ManageBridge™, ContactBridge™ and Nixle OneBridge™ mobile applications that are available to download on a mobile device.
“User” refers to any natural person, entity, organization or agency which uses a Website, a Mobile App and/or the Everbridge Services. Accordingly, a User may or may not be a Customer.
We value the trust you place in Everbridge, and maintain strict privacy policies. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment and state of the art technologies to safeguard your information. In the event that you terminate your customer relationship with us, or become an inactive Customer, Everbridge will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice.
What Information Do We Collect and How?
When you visit our Websites as a User, we may collect, retain and use non-public personal information about visitors and our potential, current and former, Customers. We are likely to record two kinds of information:
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website when registering for white papers or webinars, Everbridge University, posting material, or requesting further services and information about our solutions or when you report a problem with our Website. This includes information such as name, email address and phone number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information you provide through Nixle® Anonymous Tipping
- Information you provide when signing up for Nixle Services using mobile phones, such as your cell phone number when texting 888777 or 333111 to us.
We may also collect the following information from you.
- Information about your business, such as organization and industry.
- Demographic information, such as country and state.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve our offered services, marketing, analytics, and site functionality. Please note that Everbridge does not attempt to collect any sensitive information such as personal financial information, social security or driver’s license numbers, or personal health information on our Websites.
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Websites. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.everbridge.com.
How Do We Collect Information on our Mobile Application?
When you download access and use a Mobile App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Mobile App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Mobile App, including traffic data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the Mobile App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Mobile App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. We may ask you for your location when using our Mobile App or text opt-in services in connection with sending or receiving messages from one of our Customers. You will have the option to include your location which will only be used to assist our Customers, with whom you are affiliated generally, either as an employee or citizen, to provide better communication in the event of an incident or emergency. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile App on your phone. This software may record information such as: how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the Mobile App.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
- Customer Data. We use Customer Data only for purposes pursuant to the provision of the Everbridge Services and in accordance with the Customer Services Agreement. These uses include, but are not limited to, the provision of our notification services, customer support, notification of new features and services, and changes to the Customer Portal. We may also use Customer Data to contact you regarding administrative notices, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Customer Services Agreement.
- Nixle® Anonymous Tipping. The Anonymous Tipping service will allow you to anonymously report information about a crime or highly suspicious activity. No identifying information will be collected or recorded by Everbridge through the online submission unless you specifically provide such information. In connection with an SMS tip submission, Everbridge will store your number to allow for two-way communication and if you are affiliated with a Customer of Nixle Services, a name will be associated with that number, but your name and phone number will not be displayed to enforcement agencies or other third parties. In addition, Everbridge uses industry standard encryption and other safeguards to provide security and anonymity of the information being submitted. Although such encryption and safeguards are utilized, due to the nature of internet and mobile SMS delivery networks, we cannot and do not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or receipt of the information you submit. Neither Everbridge nor any third party makes any representation as to if, how or when any information you submit may be acted upon by law enforcement agencies or public safety officials. In addition, Everbridge cannot guarantee how often any such agency or official will review and monitor submitted tips. Under no circumstances should you rely on the anonymous tip service to report issues of an emergency nature or for conditions requiring an immediate response. If your issue is an emergency, please use a telephone to dial 911.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates to provide support to you in connection with our Websites or Everbridge Services. To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Our service providers are authorized to use Customer Data we share with them only as necessary to provide services to us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients, or if you opt-in to text based notifications we will use your mobile number to send those notifications to you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with any court order, subpoena, or similar legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Everbridge, our customers or others, or to investigate fraud. However, all such disclosure shall comply with any applicable Customer Services Agreement.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Customer or User data to others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, except for Customers sending business or promotional notifications to which you have specifically consented, including through opt-in (e.g., you have Texted 333111 to us in connection with an opt-in) .
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Everbridge to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by going to http://go.everbridge.com/UnsubscribePage.html and adjusting your User preferences or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Push Notifications. We may occasionally send you push notifications through our Mobile Apps to send you updates and other service related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may opt-out from receiving these types of communications, at any time, by turning them off at the device level through your settings.
Changes to Your Personal Data
For general users on our Websites you can fill out a new form to update or request deletion to your information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
If you are a general user of our www.everbridge.com Website, we retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, subject to our storage requirements. We will retain and use your information as necessary to offer services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are using our Everbridge Services or receiving communications from Everbridge Services as an employee or resident of one of our Customers, we will retain your information in accordance with the relevant Customer Services Agreement. Please see “Information Related to Data Collected for our Customers” below.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Customers
Everbridge collects information under the direction of its Customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes from Customers. If you are an employee, resident or other designee of one of our Customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our service, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly (see also Data Controlled by our Customers below). We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Note: Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Customers.
Data Controlled by our Customers
Please note that if you are accessing Everbridge Services as an employee, resident or other designee of one of our Customers, you will need to make any changes to your contact information through that Customer. Everbridge has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of Customers. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to the Customer (the data controller). If the Customer requests Everbridge to remove the data, we will respond to their request within a reasonable period of time.
Everbridge will retain personal information (including geo-location data) provided by our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customers and in accordance with their Customer Services Agreement. Everbridge will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites, that are California residents, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Attn: Privacy Officer at Everbridge, Inc., 500 North Brand Blvd., Suite 1000, Glendale, CA 91203.
What About Other Websites Linked to an Everbridge Website?
Our Websites may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our Websites. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these is completely voluntary and therefore you have the option to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address) and demographic information (such as zip code).
We use this information to better understand our market; Customer needs, including to ensure we are providing an appropriate level of Customer support; and to continue to enhance our applications.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys; that company will be prohibited from using our Users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Social Media Widgets
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Everbridge and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and online customer support providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking Users’ movements around the Websites, and to gather demographic information about our User base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Websites or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Websites or to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on our Websites and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by visiting: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ (or if located in the European Union visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The security of your personal information and our Customers’ information is extremely important to us. When you enter sensitive information and/or geo-location data, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Websites i.e., blogs. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of a Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future Business Transactions
As we continue to develop our business, we might undergo a change of ownership such as a merger and/or a sale of all or substantially all our stock or assets. In such transactions, User information, including Customer Data, generally is one of the transferred business assets. By submitting information on the Websites, through data import, or any other means, you agree that such may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. However, any party purchasing our assets will be subject to an obligation to maintain the integrity of your information. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of User information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
500 North Brand Blvd.
Glendale, California 91203
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you or our Customer by email (to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Website, prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Effective Date and Contact Information