Are You Clery Act Compliance?
Lack of Clery Act compliance can come with expensive consequences. One major institution learned this when they were handed a $2.4 million dollar fine for not meeting all of the requirements
. So, for school’s looking to avoid these financial burdens – in addition to the negative impact to their reputation – what can they do to ensure compliance?
Campus Safety Magazine
came up with 8 steps that can help schools avoid penalties. Those 8 include the following:
1. Copies of Crime Reports
2. Daily Crime Log
3. Arrests and Referrals for Disciplinary Action
4. Timely Warning Reports
5. Letters to/from Campus Security Authorities
6. Letters to/from Local Police
7. Clery Act Correspondence with The Department of Education
8. Annual Security Report (ASR) Availability Notices to Students and Employees
To read about each of these steps in greater detail, please visit the article here
Interested in learning how Everbridge can help with Clery Act Compliance, visit our resource page