Everbridge Launches Next Generation Voice Platform to Give Customers the Flexibility and Scalability Needed in Today’s Environments
BURLINGTON, Mass., May 4, 2016 — Everbridge, a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running, today announced the formal launch of its new, next-generation high-performance voice platform. The new voice platform incorporates significant advancements over previous versions, providing customers with access to a modern Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based architecture, which greatly simplifies deploying voice engines around the globe.
“We are continuing to develop and introduce enhancements to our automated platform which enable it to deliver voice, text, email and other forms of notifications at higher and higher volumes, better serving global audiences,” said Imad Mouline, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Everbridge. “This new capability is easy to use and represents a significant advance in scalability.”
Specific voice platform advancements include:
- Completely modern – the voice platform is built using cutting edge technologies and is designed to handle critical communications possibilities in a user-friendly way.
- Architected for global distribution – Everbridge’s voice platform works across regional and global telecommunications providers to deliver messages.
- Scalable – the voice platform can scale quickly, with new instances able to be spun up around the globe without the need for dedicated hardware.
- SIP-based – Everbridge’s voice platform is based on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), supporting multiple simultaneous communication sessions.
- Supports multiple use cases – the voice platform is suitable for critical communications across multiple use cases — IT systems alerts, emergency notification systems and multiple verticals.
- Efficient – Everbridge’s new voice platform can help drive greater cost efficiencies for both our customers and our own SaaS platform.
Driven by customer demand, the Everbridge critical communications platform sent over one billion messages in 2015, initiating a new communications broadcast every few seconds. On average, the platform sent over 30 messages per second last year.
Everbridge is a global enterprise software company that provides applications which automate the delivery of critical information to help keep people safe and businesses running. During mission-critical business events or man-made or natural disasters, over 2,700 global customers rely on the Everbridge platform to quickly and reliably construct and deliver contextual notifications to millions of people at one time. The company’s platform sent over 1 billion messages in 2015, and offers the ability to reach more than 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to over 100 different communication devices. A broad set of applications enable companies, hospitals, agencies, states, cities and towns to address issues related to severe weather and man-made incidents, IT outages and cyberattacks, safety of traveling staff, and facilitate regulation-compliant messaging. Everbridge serves 8 of the 10 largest U.S. cities, 7 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks, 24 of the 25 busiest North American airports, and 6 of the 10 largest global automakers. Everbridge is based in Boston with additional offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Beijing and London. For more information, visit www.everbridge.com, read the company blog, https://www.everbridge.com/blog, and follow on Twitter and Facebook.