Our Commitment to Privacy
We value the trust you place in Everbridge and maintain strict privacy policies. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment, unparalleled customer service, and state of the art technologies to safeguard your information.
The use of information collected through Everbridge Services shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Customer has engaged Everbridge.
We value the trust you place in Everbridge, and maintain strict privacy policies. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment and state of the art technologies to safeguard your information. In the event that you terminate your customer relationship with us, or become an inactive Customer, Everbridge will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this notice.
Everbridge's commitment to comply with the Privacy Shield Principles
Resolution of disputes and complaint mechanism
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Everbridge commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals in the European Union (EU) may submit queries related to the processing of personal information under the Privacy Shield framework by contacting us directly at email@example.com or write us at: Attn: General Counsel at Everbridge, Inc., 25 Corporate Drive, Burlington, MA 01803.
Everbridge has further committed to cooperate with the European data protection authorities (the “DPAs”) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints. Everbridge will comply with any advice given by the DPAs and take necessary actions to remediate any non-compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles. If we have not been able to successfully resolve your query or complaint and you are based in the EEA, you may raise your query or complaint directly to the DPA. The services of DPAs are provided at no cost to you. You can find the details of the relevant DPA at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
If your inquiry still has not been satisfactorily resolved, you may have other recourse mechanisms such as invoking a binding arbitration by the “Privacy Shield Panel.”
Everbridge privacy practices are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and as such Everbridge is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC.
What Information Do We Collect and How?
When you visit and use our Website as a User, we may collect, retain and use non-public personal information about visitors and our potential, current and former, Customers. We are likely to record two kinds of information:
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website when registering for white papers or webinars, Everbridge University, posting material, or requesting further services and information about our solutions or when you report a problem with our Website. This includes information such as name, email address and phone number.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information you provide through Nixle® Anonymous Tipping
- Information you provide when signing up for Nixle Services using mobile phones, such as your cell phone number when texting 888777 or 333111 to us.
We may also collect the following information from you:
- Information about your business, such as organization and industry.
- Demographic information, such as country and state.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve our offered services, marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Please note that Everbridge does not attempt to collect any sensitive information; such as personal financial information, social security or driver’s license numbers, or personal health information on our Websites.
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to www.everbridge.com.
How Do We Collect Information on our Mobile Application(s)?
When you download access and use the Mobile App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Mobile App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Mobile App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information. We may ask you for your location when using our Mobile App or text opt-in services in connection with sending or receiving messages from one of our Customers. You will have the option to include your location which will only be used to assist our Customers, with whom you are affiliated generally, either as an employee or citizen, to provide better communication in the event of an incident or emergency. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile App on your phone. This software may record information such as: how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the Mobile App.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
- Customer Data. We use Customer Data only for purposes pursuant to the provision of the Everbridge Services and in accordance with the Customer Services Agreement. These uses include, but are not limited to, the provision of our notification services, customer support, notification of new features and services, and changes to the Customer Portal. We may also use Customer Data to contact you regarding administrative notices, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Customer Services Agreement.
- Nixle® Anonymous Tipping. The Anonymous Tipping service will allow you to anonymously report information about a crime or highly suspicious activity. No identifying information will be collected or recorded by Everbridge through the online submission unless you specifically provide such information. In connection with an SMS tip submission, Everbridge will store your number to allow for two-way communication and if you are affiliated with a Customer of Nixle Services, a name will be associated with that number, but your name and phone number will not be displayed to enforcement agencies or other third parties. In addition, Everbridge uses industry standard encryption and other safeguards to provide security and anonymity of the information being submitted. Although such encryption and safeguards are utilized, due to the nature of internet and mobile SMS delivery networks, we cannot and do not guarantee 100% security or timely delivery or receipt of the information you submit. Neither Everbridge nor any third party makes any representation as to if, how or when any information you submit may be acted upon by law enforcement agencies or public safety officials. In addition, Everbridge cannot guarantee how often any such agency or official will review and monitor submitted tips. Under no circumstances should you rely on the anonymous tip service to report issues of an emergency nature or for conditions requiring an immediate response. If your issue is an emergency, please use the telephone and dial 911.
Third-Parties with Whom We May Share Your Information and Why; Onward Transfer
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates to provide support to you in connection with our Websites or Everbridge Services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients, or if you opt-in to text based notifications we will use your mobile number to send those notifications to you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with any court order, subpoena, or similar legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, as well as lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Everbridge, our customers or others, investigate fraud. However, all such disclosure shall comply with any applicable Customer Services Agreement.
We do not sell, trade, or rent Customer or User data to others.
If Everbridge is going to transfer personal data to a third party that is acting as an agent, it will enter into a written agreement with such third party requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Privacy Shield Principles. In the context of such onward transfer to third parties of data of EU individuals received pursuant to Privacy Shield, Everbridge is potentially liable if we process such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, except for Customers sending business or promotional notifications to which you have specifically consented, including through opt-in (e.g., you have Texted 333111 to us in connection with an opt-in).
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by going to http://go.everbridge.com/UnsubscribePage.html and adjusting your user preferences or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Push Notifications. We may occasionally send you push notifications through our Mobile Apps to send you updates and other service related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may opt-out from receiving these types of communications, at any time, by contacting our support team at email@example.com.
How You May Access Your Personal Information
For general users on our Website you can fill out a new form to access, update or request deletion to your information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
If you are a general user of our www.everbridge.com Website, we retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, subject to our storage requirements. We will retain and use your information as necessary to offer services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are using our Everbridge Services or receiving communications from Everbridge Services as an employee or resident of one of our Customers, We will retain your information in accordance with the relevant Customer Services Agreement. Please see “Information Related to Data Collected for our Customers” below.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Customers
Everbridge collects information under the direction of its Customers or where applicable, of the Customer Services Agreement, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes from Customers. If you are an employee, resident or other designee of one of our Customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our service, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly (see also Data Controlled by our Customers below). We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service which may be located in the US or elsewhere in a secure environment. Note: Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Customers.
Data Controlled by our Customers
Please note that if you are accessing Everbridge Services as an employee, resident or other designee of one of our Customers, you will need to make any changes to your contact information through that Customer, which, where applicable, may be your employer. Everbridge has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of Customers. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to the Customer (the data controller). If the Customer requests Everbridge to remove the data, we will respond to their request within a reasonable period of time.
Everbridge will retain personal information (including geo-location data) provided by our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customers and in accordance with their Customer Services Agreement. Everbridge will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website, that are California residents, to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Attn: General Counsel at Everbridge, Inc., 25 Corporate Drive, Burlington, MA 01803.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to the Everbridge Website?
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our Websites. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these is completely voluntary and therefore you have the option to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code).
We use this information to better understand our market; Customer needs, including to ensure we are providing an appropriate level of Customer support; and to continue to enhance our applications.
We use may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Social Media Widgets
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The security of your personal information and our Customers’ information is extremely important to us. When you enter sensitive information and/or geo-location data, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website i.e., blogs. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future Business Transactions
As we continue to develop our business, we might undergo a change of ownership such as a merger and/or a sale of all or substantially all our stock or assets. In such transactions, User information, including Customer Data, generally is one of the transferred business assets. By submitting information on the Website, through data import, or any other means, you agree that such may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. However, any party purchasing our assets will be subject to an obligation to maintain the integrity of your information. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of User information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
25 Corporate Drive, 4th Floor
Burlington, MA 01803
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you or our Customer by email (to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website, prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Effective Date and Contact Information
“Customer” refers to a natural person, entity, organization, or agency that has entered into a Customer Services Agreement with Everbridge for Everbridge Services. The Customer Portal is available only to Everbridge Customers and their designees.
“Customer Data” refers to contact information for the Customer and the Customer’s intended message recipients, which are provided to Everbridge by the Customer pursuant to the provision of the Everbridge Services. Customer Data may or may not include personally identifiable information. Customer Data is imported from the Customer’s database into the Everbridge database via a secured connection on the Internet and over encrypted lines using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
“Customer Services Agreement” refers to the written contract executed by, and applicable to, a Customer in receipt of the Everbridge Services. These may be in the form of a services agreement (typically our Core Platform Agreement), (beta) license agreement, pilot agreement, end user agreement, or any other written agreement between Everbridge and the Customer.
“Everbridge Services” are available only to a Customer who has executed a Customer Services Agreement with Everbridge, and refer to any one or all of the services provided by Everbridge, including, but not limited to, the Everbridge Aware®, Mass Notification, Interactive Visibility®, Everbridge Matrix®, Incident Management, and SmartGIS® product solutions, as well as any one of or all of Nixle® branded services (collectively, “Nixle Services”) provided by Everbridge, including, but not limited to, Nixle® Engage, Nixle® 360 and Nixle® Connect. Nixle Services also include Community Information solutions (i.e., Alerts, Advisories, Community Information and Traffic), and Anonymous Tipping.
“Mobile App” refers to any of the Everbridge applications that are available to download on a mobile device which may be used by Customer in the course of the Customer Services Agreement.
“User” refers to any natural person, entity, organization or agency which uses the Everbridge Website and/or the Everbridge Services. Accordingly, a User may or may not be a Customer.