Everbridge By The Numbers
Over 2.4 BillionNotifications since 2012
100 Million+Contact Profiles
100+ AvailableCommunication Delivery Paths
200+ Countries and Territories Supported
What We Do
Everbridge, Inc. (NASDAQ: EVBG) is a global software company that provides enterprise software applications that automate and accelerate an organization’s operational response to critical events in order to keep people safe and businesses running. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, over 3,300 global customers rely on the company’s SaaS-based Critical Event Management platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans. The company’s platform sent over 1.5 billion messages in 2016, and offers the ability to reach over 200 countries and territories with secure delivery to more than 100 different communication devices. The company’s critical communications and enterprise safety applications include Mass Notification, Incident Management, IT Alerting, Safety Connection™, Community Engagement®, Visual Command Center®, Crisis Commander® and CareConverge™, and are easy-to-use and deploy, secure, highly scalable and reliable.
Our software automates the key steps for responding to a critical event. It aggregates threat data from third party and internal sources so customers can assess risk, and locates people in areas of threat and those needed to respond. It then enables customers to execute pre-defined processes based on the type of threat for who should be contacted and how, what message to send, and who to escalate to if a responder is not available. Our platform then sends out notifications and instructions via text, voice, email—over 100 modalities—in 15 languages as needed, organizes conference bridges for people to collaborate, and analyzes return messages. Automating these steps enables them to be completed quickly, highly reliably and at scale at a time when minutes often matter.
Some examples of how we automate and simplify critical communication processes
- When an active shooter situation or terrorist attack occurs, organizations can quickly identify employees in the affected area, including employees not at their usual business location, in order to confirm that they are safe and provide relevant instructions.
- When a hurricane is imminent, local emergency management departments can alert affected communities with relevant safety and evacuation instructions while organizations can notify employees of office closings and provide safety instructions.
- When IT systems fail, IT administrators can shorten the time required to alert cross-department responders, using scheduling information to determine availability and quickly assembling them on a conference bridge, thereby reducing the costs incurred from downtime.
- When a person is suspected of having a stroke, an on-call specialist can provide a patient assessment via video communications during the ambulance trip, and the emergency room can be readied for an immediate stroke treatment, speeding the time that critical medication is administered and lessening the loss of cognitive capabilities and associated rehabilitation costs.
- When a power line is down, utility workers can utilize pre-configured incident management templates to alert affected customers and responders and provide updates on service.
- When engine readings in critical equipment detect a malfunction, technicians with the appropriate skills can be automatically alerted and quickly deployed to minimize downtime and avoid revenue loss or service interruption.
- When a young child goes missing, local officials can send alerts to and receive tips from their communities to aid in locating and returning the child.
- When a financial services firm experiences disruptions in service, employees and clients can be promptly notified and audit confirmations can be provided to document delivery.