Compliance requirements, code-calling, and even day-to-day staffing needs make Everbridge an essential communications platform for running a successful healthcare facility in today’s environment. Each day, hundreds of healthcare organizations rely on Everbridge to instantly communicate with key personnel, mobilize emergency responders, transmit vital staffing information to employees, and communicate with the patient community – all while maintaining detailed reporting compliance. Whether it’s an unforeseen crisis or a need-to-know situation, Everbridge equips healthcare organizations with the strategic communications platform needed to make better decisions to protect patients, staff and vital infrastructure.
- Native mobile application for launching notifications
- Message receipt confirmations
- Polling/quota notifications for nurse staffing
- Conference calling/bridges
- Message escalations
- Comprehensive reporting capabilities
Use Cases for Healthcare
- Drills and mock surveys: Conduct unscheduled drills and exercises with decontamination teams, hazmat teams, and others to improve incident response times. Show team acknowledgement rates and meet regulatory testing requirements.
- Regulatory agency visits: Initiate emergency conference calls with executives and alert and assemble employees when regulatory agencies are on-site to test compliance with communication requirements.
- Reporting: Show evidence of Joint Commission compliance via automated communications with real-time confirmation data and full audit-trail reporting that includes a history of communications, delivery attempts, and acknowledgements from recipients.
- Community information line: Offer a community information hotline using the Everbridge system’s Call-In capabilities. During public health emergencies, advise community members about symptoms, vaccination clinics, and warning signs that medical treatment is required.
- Community education: Provide safety precautions and preventative measures.
- Public health alerts: Use the Everbridge systems’s geographic targeting to issue notices about outbreaks, building closures, quarantine zones, and more.
- Vaccination coordination: Notify citizens of flu vaccination locations. Send reminders for follow-up shots.
- Safety alerts: Rapidly notify employees about severe weather, fires, power outages, gas leaks, chemical spills, theft, acts of violence, and more.
- Remote roll-calling: Generate personnel rosters in real time through polling to determine staffing needs and to account for the safety and whereabouts of employees to meet accountability requirements.
- Public health emergencies: Sustain communications throughout public health emergencies, such as H1N1. Provide safety and prevention tips, symptom information, vaccine logistics (locations, times, and follow-up shot reminders), and more.
- Evacuations: Manage evacuations; provide shelter-in-place guidance, and issue status updates and re-entry instructions. Include maps and other important documentation as attachments to the message.
- System failures: Alert staff to disruptions in core services, such as phone, network, water, medical gas, and electrical outages. Provide ongoing updates regarding restoration of services.
- Work cancellations: Issue alerts for weather-related closures, cancellations, and return-to-business-as-usual announcements.
- Code alerts: Cut the time it takes to issue and respond to yellow, red, pink, and black code alerts and more.
- STEMI alerts: Notify emergency room personnel, cardiac catheterization laboratory technicians, and cardiologists faster to ensure patients receive life-saving treatment more quickly.
- Crisis team activation: Assemble emergency response teams and alert public law enforcement agencies to situation.
- Staff callbacks: Schedule nurses, doctors, and other medical staff on short notice, automatically polling them for expected report time.
- First-responder dispatch: Dispatch security to respond to incidents.
- Regional collaboration: Communicate and coordinate with external resources, such as local government, regional hospitals, CDC, Department of Public Health, and more.
- Notify neighboring facilities with which you have MOUS for patient transfers and evacuations.
- Continuity of operations plan activation: Build multi-message scenarios that align with plan activation triggers for more rapid response.
- Continuity of patient care alerts: Monitor, verify, and distribute information related to any threat to continuity of patient care.
- Situation updates: Provide ongoing status updates as an incident progresses and is resolved.
- Social distancing and infection control: Leverage the Everbridge system’s scheduled and on-the-fly conference call capabilities to reduce non-critical face-to-face contact.