It seems active shooter incidents have become an all-too-frequent story on the local news. According to A Study of Active Shooter Incidents Between 2000-2013 conducted by the FBI, 160 active shooter incidents occurred within this time frame, and that number has continued to rise since.
The key to ensuring that you and your staff remain safe during an active shooter incident is preparation. At least 65 (40%) of the 160 incidents between 2000-2013 ended before law enforcement arrived, so it is crucial that active shooter preparedness be a priority in every workplace.
Everbridge has amassed a large collection of webinars, blogs, and white papers to aid in the creation of an emergency response plan for any business, in any vertical. Take some time to explore the resources and discover what the experts are doing to keep their staff, and themselves, from becoming another statistic.
- Webinar replay: Active Shooter Preparedness and Response in Healthcare
- Webinar slides: Active Shooter Preparedness and Response in Healthcare
- Webinar replay: Active Shooter Preparedness and Response For Higher Education and Government
- Webinar slides: Active Shooter Preparedness and Response For Higher Education and Government
- White Paper: Active Shooter Preparedness Kit
- White Paper: Active Shooters and the Evolving Threat Environment
- White Paper: 4 Key Concepts for Active Shooter Preparedness in Healthcare
- Blog post: Active Shooter Training – Protect Your Employees with an Emergency Response Plan
- Blog Post: Active Shooter Training and Communication Resources for Healthcare